May 2013 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
What is Crossover STL?Crossover STL's goal is to create a social network community for St. Louis Hispanic Americans. Crossover STL is a blog for everyone, especially newcomers who want to learn more about food, entertainment and nightlife in the Gateway City. Crossover STL also provides information and discussions about Latino Media and Hispanic Marketing here in the U.S.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
Please send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 'Hispanic Malls' Drawing Crowds by Being Culturally in Tune May 22, 2013Chiqui Cartagena Yesterday I spoke at the International Council of Shopping Centers annual convention in Las Vegas on a panel called "Hispanic Markets: The Next Gold Rush." If you have been to La Gran Plaza Mall in Fort Worth or the Dessert Sky Mall in Phoenix or the newly inaugurated Plaza Mayor at the Crossroads in Oklahoma City, you have experie […]
- Univision Slams English-Language Networks For Delivering Less May 14, 2013At Univision Communications' upfront presentation, President-CEO Randy Falco posed the question "What's better, more or less?" Mr. Falco was playing the role of the deadpan moderator in a commercial spoofing AT&T's ubiquitous TV campaign in which four small children debate why it's better to have more, or be faster. In the U […]
- Wendy's Introduces Rojos Family in New Hispanic Campaign May 13, 2013Hispanic consumers will soon say 'hola' to a new family: the Rojos, courtesy of Wendy's. Hispanic marketers frequently latch on to the idea of family. According to Technomic, a family-friendly atmosphere and authentic and healthful menu offerings are particularly important for Hispanic consumers compared to the general U.S. population. Most of […]email@example.com(Maureen Morrison)
- LatinWorks' Sergio Alcocer Joins Cannes Lions Film Jury May 8, 2013The U.S. Hispanic market will have a judge after all this year at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity as LatinWorks' Sergio Alcocer was named this week to the film jury. Mr. Alcocer, president and chief creative officer of the Austin-based U.S. Hispanic shop, was a Cannes judge in 2011 on the print jury. Continue reading at AdAge.com […]
- Walmart Is First Marketer of the Year at AHAA Conference May 2, 2013Walmart was named the first Marketer of the Year by AHAA: The Voice of Hispanic Marketing at the Hispanic group's annual conference on Wednesday in Miami. Tony Rogers, Walmart's senior VP-brand marketing and advertising, and Greg Warren, VP-creative marketing, accepted the award by Skype after being stranded in Chicago on their way to Miami. In its […]firstname.lastname@example.org(Laurel Wentz)
- 'Hispanic Malls' Drawing Crowds by Being Culturally in Tune May 22, 2013
- Update: Ill. judge charged with heroin, gun possession; colleague died of overdoseA St. Clair County judge already under scrutiny after a colleague died of a cocaine overdose at his family's hunting lodge was charged Friday with possession of heroin and guns.
- Serious fire destroys home in CahokiaMultiple crews battled a house fire in a Cahokia neighborhood on Friday afternoon.
- How safe are St. Louis area bridges?Two of the most heavily traveled bridges in the St. Louis area have a design similar to a span that collapsed near Seattle.
- Ill. House approves guns plan opposed by governor, Quinn vows to stop itThe Illinois House has approved a plan to allow qualified gun owners to carry their weapons in public.
- Larry Conners no longer with KMOVWe regret to announce that Larry Conners is no longer a KMOV news reporter. Larry was a valued member of KMOV for a long time, and we will miss him.
- Update: Ill. judge charged with heroin, gun possession; colleague died of overdose
Category Archives: Latino Media Blog
The market is undergoing a dramatic change. That’s a no-brainer. But Interbrand’s Report on Best Global Brands reminds us that in order to maintain an organization’s survival and ultimate success, a company should go back to its roots of consumer … Continue reading
Marketing to a Hispanic demographic should be a no brainer, according to Laura Sonderup, Director of Heinrich Hispanidad who writes in the Advertising and Marketing Reviewthis week highlighting the importance of the Hispanic Market. A lot of this information she … Continue reading